Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Changeling

So, it's no secret that I have absolutely no liking for Angelina Jolie.

I watched this solely because of the good reviews I've heard about it, which I've now forgotten where they came from.

For some reason (hint: lead actress), I couldn't watch this in one sitting. It took me a few days and much mental motivation to watch this movie till the end.

Directed by Clint Eastwood whose first choice for female lead was Angelina Jolie because her face suited the period, I'd say that I might have enjoyed it a lot more if it was, say, Julianne Moore?

Based on real-life events in 1928 Los Angeles, Changeling is the story of Christine, a grief stricken mother whose son had vanished overnight. Several months after the disappearance, she was informed that her son had been found. Alas, it was a mere impostor who was nothing like her own son.

It seemed that everyone except Christine believed that it wasn't her son they brought back. Declared unfit and thrown into an asylum for challenging police authority. Changeling is a true story depicting women in the 20s when a voice is unheard of.

No comments: